First Annual Community Project Symposium
May 4th, 2023, 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Virtual Conference Experience
The California Program Office invites our current AHEC scholars to submit an abstract for our upcoming first annual Community Project Symposium. This symposium will focus on four topics: community education, patient education, teaching students, and clinic quality improvement.
The First Annual Community Project Symposium will bring AHEC Scholars together throughout California to showcase the outreach and research they conduct within their communities. The First Annual Community Project Symposium will bring AHEC Scholars together throughout California to showcase the outreach and research they conduct within their communities. Students, former AHEC scholars, preceptors, and others will have the opportunity to learn about how this work has enabled community engagement as part of professional training and impacted many medically underserved sites and patient populations in the process. Selected scholars who present their projects will learn how to conduct academic presentations and credit their professional resumes for their work.
Link to register to attend the symposium: HERE
Before submission, please read Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
You will be asked to submit your abstract information within the Qualtrics survey. You will also be asked to attach your draft of your PowerPoint presentation to the Qualtrics survey. Please use the PowerPoint template provided here.
Your abstract should include the following:
- Study Title
- Author name, degree, university name
- Project category
- Clinic Quality Improvement
- Patient Education
- Community Education
- Teaching Students
- Enough information to let people know key issues of what you are studying.
- Your study design, what you did, where you did it, who you did it with, what you measured, and any other pertinent information.
- How many subjects were involved? What were the basic demographics of participants? What were your findings?
- What do your findings mean? Summarize the key things you learned.
- Attach Presentation Slide Show at end of Qualtrics Survey; please use the UCSF Presentation template below.
1 Speaker/Group will be chosen to either open or close the symposium.
2 projects will be chosen per category to present during the symposium (9 total).
- Each abstract will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers.
- An email notification will take place on April 7, 2023.