To improve access to quality health care for underserved populations of California through academic community partnerships
• Increase community-based health professions training programs
• Increase the diversity of California’s health workforce
• Strengthen colloboration and develop partnerships between institutions with similar missions
• Support communication between community and academic partners
• Record, study, and document outcomes
• Health: A skilled, well-distributed health workforce will improve the health of Californians.
• Education: Education improves individuals and communities.
• Community: Underserved communities have strengths and needs.
• Diversity: California’s diversity should be reflected in its health workforce.
• Collaboration: Collaboration of communities and academic institutions is essential to workforce improvement and distribution.
• Innovation: New ideas contribute to success.
• Continuing education programs for health professionals practicing in CHCs and other underserved areas
• Teaching health professionals students and residents to present health information to community members and clinic patients
• Community based clinical training for health professions students and residents
• Programs to expose high school students to college and career opportunities in the health professions